ISO 20121:2012 specifies requirements for an event sustainability management system for any type of event or event-related activity, and provides guidance on conforming to those requirements.
ISO 20121:2012 is applicable to any organization that wishes to:
- establish, implement, maintain and improve an event sustainability management system;
- ensure that it is in conformity with its stated sustainable development policy;
- demonstrate voluntary conformity with ISO 20121:2012 by
- first party (self-determination and self-declaration),
- second party (confirmation of conformance by parties having an interest in the organization, such as clients, or by other persons on their behalf), or
- an independent third party (e.g. a certification body).
ISO 20121:2012 has been designed to address the management of improved sustainability throughout the entire event management cycle.
Status: Under development
Technical Committee: ISO/PC 250 Sustainability in event management
- ICS :
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Good Health and Well-being
Clean Water and Sanitation
Affordable and Clean Energy
Decent Work and Economic Growth
Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Sustainable Cities and Communities
Responsible Consumption and Production
Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
Life on Land
Life Below Water
ISO/AWI 20121Stage: 20.00
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.