ISO/TS 10303-1686:2006 specifies the application module for Interconnect module usage view.
ISO/TS 10303-1686:2006 deals with the representation of the information needed to describe the interface definition of the interconnect substrate. This view may be used for the purpose of electrical and mechanical simulation and verification of the interconnect substrate performance when applied in the next level of assembly. Complex features including cavities and cutouts are predefined as well as industry standard edge treatments. The usage view may be treated as a requirement definition by a design organization with links established to relevant design details in an unpublished model maintained by that design organization. The usage view is a predefined model of a subset of documentation classified as interface control documententation.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 10303-1686:2006:
- interconnect substrate features used for next level design;
- interconnect substrate cavities;
- interconnect substrate cutouts;
- interconnect substrate orientation information;
- interconnect substrate terminals;
- interconnect substrate thickness requirement;
- interconnect substrate features that may be accessible from the exterior of the end item;
- interconnect substrate terminals that are internally connected;
- interconnect substrate terminal identification;
- geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.