ISO/TS 9002, Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2015, gives clause-by-clause guidance and examples to enable users, regardless of the size of the organization, to implement their own quality management system.
The new technical specification will complement ISO 9001:2015, ISO’s most widely used International Standard, which provides the requirements for a quality management system. Since ISO 9001 is designed to be applicable to all kinds of organizations, irrespective of size or context, its requirements are broad. ISO/TS 9002 provides guidance supported by in-depth explanations and examples to help organizations fully benefit from the implementation of their own quality management system.
Lorri Hunt, Co-Convenor of working group WG 24 of ISO/TC 176/SC 2 that developed the standard said ISO/TS 9002 is ideal for organizations that want a more detailed understanding of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, while at the same time reaping the benefits of the standard.
“Many organizations want to maximize benefits of a quality management system, such as improved efficiencies, a better relationship with customers and clearer business objectives. By providing detailed guidance to the standard, ISO/TS 9002 allows users to truly understand and apply the requirements in their own way for maximum benefit to them.”
ISO/TS 9002 does not provide any additional requirements, but gives examples of what organizations can do to apply the clauses of ISO 9001 most effectively. It is part of ISO’s family of standards on quality management and quality management systems, developed by ISO/TC 176, that includes:
- ISO 9001:2015, Quality management systems – Requirements
- ISO 9000:2015, Quality management systems – Fundamentals and vocabulary
- ISO 9004:2009, Quality management systems – Managing for the sustained success of an organization – A quality management approach
- ISO 19011:2011, Quality management systems – Guidelines for auditing management systems
- Quality systems
- Quality contributes to business success and, ultimately, a nation's prosperity, and standards provide the tools and processes to ensure it does just that....
- The new 2015 revision of ISO 9001, brought right up to date in response to vast changes in technology, business diversity and global commerce, promises...
- Quality management systemsRequirements
- Quality management systemsGuidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 9004:2009 [Withdrawn]Managing for the sustained success of an organizationA quality management approach
- Guidelines for auditing management systems