Secretariat: ANSICommittee Manager:
Chairperson (until end 2019):Mr Charles F. Gaumond
ISO Technical Programme Manager [TPM]:ISO Editorial Programme Manager [EPM]:
- Creation date: 1963
Standardization in the fields of mechanical vibration and shock and the effects of vibration and shock on humans, machines, vehicles (air, sea, land and rail) and stationary structures, and of the condition monitoring of machines and structures, using multidisciplinary approaches.
Specific areas of current interest include the standardization of:
- terminology and nomenclature in the fields of mechanical vibration, mechanical shock and condition monitoring;
- measurement, analysis and evaluation of vibration and shock e.g. signal processing methods, structural dynamics analysis methods, transducer and vibration generator calibration methods, etc.;
- active and passive control methods for vibration and shock, e.g. balancing of machines, isolation and damping;
- evaluation of the effects of vibration and shock on humans, machines, vehicles (air, sea, land and rail), stationary structures and sensitive equipment;
- vibration and shock measuring instrumentation, e.g. transducers, vibration generators, signal conditioners, signal analysis instrumentation and signal acquisition systems;
- measurement methods, instrumentation, data acquisition, processing, presentation, analysis, diagnostics and prognostics, using all measurement variables required for the condition monitoring of machines;
- training and certification of personnel in relevant areas.
ISO/TC 108 - Secretariat
ANSI [United States]
Melville, NY 11747