Secretariat: BSICommittee Manager:
Chairperson (until end 2023):Mr Andrey Kharitonov
ISO Technical Programme Manager [TPM]:ISO Editorial Programme Manager [EPM]:
- Creation date: 1982
Standardization of terminology in the field of buildings and civil engineering works, comprising general terminology and terminology for specific topics within the scope of ISO/TC 59 or otherwise relevant but not falling with the scope of any other technical committee.
ISO/TC 59/SC 2 will work toward:
- Encouraging the preparation of national versions of ISO/TC 59/SC 2 vocabularies
- Establishing common sets of terms as support for a common language and ease of communication using clear and concise concepts
- Coordination and harmonization of terminology work throughout ISO/TC 59 with an emphasis on reinforcing the consistency of language within the standards developed under ISO/TC 59
- Establishing a liaison and coordination with other ISO TCs and SCs developing terminological information within standards of relevance to buildings and civil engineering works, as needed
- Establishing a liaison and coordination with outside agencies involved with developing databases of concepts on aspects of construction, as needed
- Promoting the general rules for terminology work as established by ISO/TC 37 and providing guidance for ISO/TC 59 sub-committees"