ISO 15394:2017 Preview
Packaging -- Bar code and two-dimensional symbols for shipping, transport and receiving labels
- specifies the minimum requirements for the design of labels containing linear bar code and two-dimensional symbols on transport units to convey data between trading partners;
- provides for traceability of transported units using a unique transport unit identifier (licence plate);
- provides guidance on the formatting on the label of data presented in linear bar code, two-dimensional symbol or human-readable form;
- provides specific recommendations regarding the choice of bar code symbologies, and specifies quality requirements;
- provides recommendations as to label placement, size and the inclusion of free text and any appropriate graphics;
- provides guidance on the selection of the label material.
This document is not applicable to the direct printing on to kraft coloured corrugated surfaces.
NOTE Guidance on the direct printing of bar code symbols on to kraft coloured corrugated surfaces are provided in references such as The Fibre Box Handbook.
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda