ISO 11235:2016 specifies the methods to be used for the evaluation of sulfenamide accelerators:
- MBTS: benzothiazyl disulphide;
- CBS: N-cyclohexylbenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide;
- TBBS: N-tert-butylbenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide;
- DIBS: N,N'-diisopropylbenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide;
- DCBS: N,N'-dicyclohexylbenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide;
- MBS: N-oxydiethylenebenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide.
NOTE Although MBTS is not a sulfenamide, it is the primary decomposition product of these accelerators and quantitatively determined by the method specified in 5.2.
The analytical methods are applicable for most commercial sulfenamide accelerators:
- sulfenamides of primary amines (type I);
- sulfenamides of unhindered secondary amines (type II);
- sulfenamides of hindered secondary amines (type III).
The method (5.2) to determine purity by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is the preferred method.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2016-01
Edition : 2Number of pages : 25
Technical Committee:Raw materials (including latex) for use in the rubber industry
Buy this standard
|PDF + ePub|