ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 Preview
Information technology -- Database languages -- SQL -- Part 2: Foundation (SQL/Foundation)
ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 deﬁnes the data structures and basic operations on SQL-data. It provides functional capabilities for creating, accessing, maintaining, controlling, and protecting SQL-data.
ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 speciﬁes the syntax and semantics of a database language:
- For specifying and modifying the structure and the integrity constraints of SQL-data.
- For declaring and invoking operations on SQL-data and cursors.
- For declaring database language procedures.
- For embedding SQL-statements in a compilation unit that is otherwise written in a particular programming language (host language).
- For deriving an equivalent compilation unit in the host language. In that equivalent compilation unit, each which invoke an SQL externally-invoked procedure that, when executed, has an effect equivalent to exe-cuting the SQL-statement.
- For direct invocation of SQL-statements.
- To support dynamic preparation and execution of SQL-statements.
ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 provides a vehicle for portability of data deﬁnitions and compilation units between SQL-implementations.
ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 provides a vehicle for interconnection of SQL-implementations.
Implementations of this ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 can exist in environments that also support application program-ming languages, end-user query languages, report generator systems, data dictionary systems, program library systems, and distributed communication systems, as well as various tools for database design, data administration, and performance optimization.
Buy this standard