ISO/TR 11071-1:2004 Preview
Comparison of worldwide lift safety standards -- Part 1: Electric lifts (elevators)
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2011. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/TR 11071-1:2004 consists of a comparison of the requirements of selected topics as covered by the following worldwide safety standards (excluding regional or national deviations):
- CEN - European Standard EN 81-1:1998, Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts - Part 1: Electric lifts;
- ASME A17.1-2000 and CSA B44-00, Safety Code for elevators and escalators;
- Building Standard Law of Japan - Enforcement order - Section 2, Elevator equipment, Articles 129-3 to 129-13, as well as year 2000 Ministry of Construction notices:
- Nos. 1413 up to and including 1418;
- Nos. 1423, 1424, 1428 and 1429;
- No. 1597;
- AS1735.1-2001, Lifts, escalators and moving walks - Part 1: General requirements, andAS1735.2-2001, Lifts, escalators and moving walks - Part 2: Passenger and goods lifts - Electric.
The Technical Report applies to electric traction lifts only, although some sections may also be applicable to positive drive lifts suspended by rope or chain.
Buy this standard