This document specifies a set of technical specifications and organizational policies to be implemented for the capture, storage and access of electronic documents. This ensures legibility, integrity and traceability of the documents for the duration of their preservation.
This document is applicable to electronic documents resulting from:
- the scanning of original paper or microform documents;
- the conversion of analogue audio or video content;
- the "native" creation by an information system application;
- other sources that create digital content such as two- or three- dimensional maps, drawings or designs, digital audio/video and digital medical images.
This document is not applicable to information systems in which users have the ability to substitute or alter documents after capture.
This document is intended for the following users.
a) Organizations implementing information systems in which:
- electronic documents created from scan captures are kept in an environment that ensures fidelity with regard to the original and long-term preservation;
- digitally born documents are kept in an environment that ensures the content integrity of the information and document legibility;
- traceability is ensured for all operations relating to the electronic documents.
b) Organizations providing information technology services and software publishers seeking to develop information systems that ensure the fidelity and integrity of electronic documents.
c) Organizations providing third-party document archiving services.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2018-06
Edition : 1Number of pages : 40
Technical Committee:Quality, preservation and integrity of information
Buy this standard
|PDF + ePub|