ISO 7076-6:2016 Preview
Fire protection -- Foam fire extinguishing systems -- Part 6: Vehicle mounted compressed air foam systems
ISO 7076-6:2016 specifies requirements for compressed air foam systems (CAFS) in which foam concentrate and compressed air are continuously added to the water being discharged from the fire-fighting pump. This part of ISO 7076 is applicable to CAFS that can be permanently installed in fire-fighting vehicles, transportable, or mobile.
ISO 7076-6:2016 specifies requirements for CAFS which are used at ambient temperatures ranging from ?10 °C to +40 °C.
ISO 7076-6:2016 does not apply to stationary CAFS.
ISO 7076-6:2016 does not apply to requirements for hazards related to handling foam concentrates, noise generated by CAFS, drives, auxiliary equipment, power sources, or pumps connected to the CAFS.
ISO 7076-6:2016 does not specify requirements for special hazards arising from particular conditions under which CAFS are used, for example:
- immunity against electromagnetic fields and electrostatic discharge;
- operation without supervision;
- events specific to the location where the CAFS is set up (e.g. on public roads);
- handling of any equipment, devices, etc., which have to be connected to the CAFS or are joined to it (e.g. branch pipes, nozzles and pressure hoses);
- decommissioning and disposal.
Buy this standard