This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2018. Therefore this version remains current.
This specification, EPUB Content Documents 3.0, defines profiles of HTML5, SVG, and CSS for use in the context of EPUB® Publications.
This specification is one of a family of related specifications that compose EPUB 3, the third major revision of an interchange and delivery format for digital publications based on XML and Web Standards. It is meant to be read and understood in concert with the other specifications that make up EPUB 3:
- The EPUB 3 Overview [EPUB3Overview], which provides an informative overview of EPUB and a
- roadmap to the rest of the EPUB 3 documents. The Overview should be read first.
- EPUB Publications 3.0 [Publications30], which defines publication-level semantics and
- overarching conformance requirements for EPUB Publications.
- EPUB Open Container Format (OCF) 3.0 [OCF3], which defines a file format and processing
- model for encapsulating a set of related resources into a single-file (ZIP) EPUB Container.
- EPUB Media Overlays 3.0 [MediaOverlays30], which defines a format and a processing model for
- synchronization of text and audio.
This specification supersedes Open Publication Structure (OPS) 2.0.1 [OPS2]. Refer to [EPUB3Changes] for information on differences between this specification and its predecessor.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2014-11
Edition : 1Number of pages : 45
Technical Committee:Document description and processing languages
Buy this standard