ISO/IEC 9075-4:2016 Preview
Information technology -- Database languages -- SQL -- Part 4: Persistent stored modules (SQL/PSM)
ISO/IEC 9075-4:2016 speciﬁes the syntax and semantics of a database language for declaring and maintaining persistent database language routines in SQL-server modules.
The database language for <externally-invoked procedure>s and <SQL-invoked routine>s includes:
- The speciﬁcation of statements to direct the ﬂow of control.
- The assignment of the result of expressions to variables and parameters.
- The speciﬁcation of condition handlers that allow SQL-invoked routines to deal with various conditions that arise during their execution.
- The speciﬁcation of statements to signal and resignal conditions.
- The declaration of standing SQL-server cursors.
- The declaration of local variables.
It also includes the deﬁnition of the Information Schema tables that contain schema information pertaining to SQL-server modules and SQL-invoked routines.
Buy this standard