This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2020. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 17839-1:2014 establishes
- functional architecture of a Biometric System-on-Card
- definition of type S1 (fully ISO/IEC 7810 compliant) and type S2 implementation of a Biometric System-on-Card
- sensor types in a Biometric System-on-Card
- minimum requirements to a Biometric System-on-Card with respect to
- discriminative power (i.e. biometric accuracy criteria)
- power supply options
The following aspects are out of scope of ISO/IEC 17839-1:2014:
- off-card biometric comparison, storage-on-card
- work-load sharing implementations
- detailed specification and configuration of individual components
ISO/IEC 17839-1:2014 provides a functional architectural description of a Biometric System-on-Card and describes how the interfaces are mapped using existing commands and data structures from other International Standards.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2014-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 6
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 Cards and security devices for personal identification
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 40|
|std 2 40||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.