ISO/TS 13399-309:2016 Preview
Cutting tool data representation and exchange -- Part 309: Creation and exchange of 3D models -- Tool holders for indexable inserts
ISO/TS 13399-309:2016 specifies a concept for the design of turning tools for indexable inserts, together with the usage of the related properties and domains of values.
ISO/TS 13399-309:2016 specifies a common way of designing simplified models that contain the following:
- definitions and identifications of the design features of turning tools for indexable inserts, with an association to the descriptive properties and dimensions;
- definition and identification of the 3D model internal structure that represents the features and the properties of turning tools for indexable inserts.
The following are outside the scope of this part of ISO/TS 13399:
- applications where these standard data may be stored or referenced;
- concept of 3D models for cutting tools;
- concept of 3D models for cutting items;
- concept of 3D models for other tool items not being described in the scope of this part of ISO/TS 13399;
- concept of 3D models for adaptive items;
- concept of 3D models for assembly items and auxiliary items.
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda
Now under review