This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 19109:2015 defines rules for creating and documenting application schemas, including principles for the definition of features.
The scope of this International Standard includes the following:
- conceptual modelling of features and their properties from a universe of discourse;
- definition of application schemas;
- use of the conceptual schema language for application schemas;
- transition from the concepts in the conceptual model to the data types in the application schema;
- integration of standardized schemas from other ISO geographic information standards with the application schema.
The following are outside the scope:
- choice of one particular conceptual schema language for application schemas;
- definition of any particular application schema;
- representation of feature types and their properties in a feature catalogue;
- representation of metadata;
- rules for mapping one application schema to another;
- implementation of the application schema in a computer environment;
- computer system and application software design;
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2015-12
Edition : 2Number of pages : 91
Technical Committee:Geographic information/Geomatics
Buy this standard