ISO/IEC 16317:2011 Preview
Information technology -- Telecommunications and information exchange between systems -- proxZzzy for sleeping hosts
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2017. Therefore this version remains current.
The electronic version of this International Standard can be downloaded from the ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force (ITTF) web site
ISO/IEC 16317:2011 specifies maintenance of network connectivity and presence by proxies to extend the sleep duration of hosts.
ISO/IEC 16317:2011 specifies:
- capabilities that a proxy may expose to a host;
- information that must be exchanged between a host and a proxy;
- proxy behaviour for 802.3 (Ethernet) and 802.11 (WiFi);
- required and optional behaviour of a proxy while it is operating, including responding to packets, generating packets, ignoring packets, and waking the host.
ISO/IEC 16317:2011 does not:
- specify communication mechanisms between hosts and proxies;
- extend or modify the referenced specifications (and for any discrepancies those specifications are authoritative);
- support security and communication protocols such as IPsec, MACSec, SSL, TLS, Mobile IP, etc.
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda