ISO 898-5:2012 Preview
Mechanical properties of fasteners made of carbon steel and alloy steel -- Part 5: Set screws and similar threaded fasteners with specified hardness classes -- Coarse thread and fine pitch thread
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2017. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 898-5:2012 specifies mechanical and physical properties of set screws and similar threaded fasteners made of carbon steel or alloy steel when tested at an ambient temperature range of 10 °C to 35 °C. Fasteners (the term used when set screws and similar threaded fasteners are considered all together) which conform to the requirements of ISO 898-5:2012 are evaluated at that ambient temperature range.
Fasteners according to ISO 898-5:2012 are classified to specified hardness classes and are intended for use under compressive stress only.
ISO 898-5:2012 is applicable to set screws and similar fasteners:
- made of carbon steel or alloy steel,
- having a triangular ISO metric screw thread according to ISO 68-1,
- with a coarse pitch thread M1,6 to M30, and fine pitch thread M8×1 to M30×2,
- with diameter/pitch combinations according to ISO 261 and ISO 262, and
- having thread tolerances according to ISO 965-1 and ISO 965-2.