ISO/IEC 19795-7:2011 Preview
Information technology -- Biometric performance testing and reporting -- Part 7: Testing of on-card biometric comparison algorithms
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2016. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 19795-7:2011 establishes a mechanism for measuring the core algorithmic capabilities of biometric comparison algorithms running on ISO/IEC 7816 integrated circuit cards. Specifically, ISO/IEC 19795-7:2011
- instantiates a mechanism for on-card biometric comparison testing;
- standardizes procedures for the measurement of the accuracy of on-card biometric comparison implementations running on object-based, test-specific sample cards;
- standardizes procedures for the measurement of durations of the various operations;
- gives examples for matching ISO/IEC 19794-2:2005 compact card minutiae templates.
The following are specifically not within the scope of ISO/IEC 19795-7:2011:
- procedures for securing the communications channel, including cryptographic protection of the biometric templates;
- procedures for protection of sample or template integrity using digital signatures;
- authentication of the card and reader;
- selection or use of transmission protocols (e.g. contactless);
- profiles of specific data interchange standards;
- procedures for evaluation of readers, including performance, conformance and interoperability;
- procedures for evaluation of ruggedness or durability of the card;
- on-card template generation (e.g. extraction of minutiae from images);
- template update or adaptation;
- formal conformance tests of ISO/IEC 7816-4 and ISO/IEC 7816-11;
- testing of devices not conforming to ISO/IEC 7816, including all system-on-card devices.
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda