ISO 24534-4:2010 Preview
Automatic vehicle and equipment identification -- Electronic registration identification (ERI) for vehicles -- Part 4: Secure communications using asymmetrical techniques
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2018. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 24534-4:2010 provides requirements for electronic registration identification (ERI) that are based on an identifier assigned to a vehicle (e.g. for recognition by national authorities) suitable to be used for:
- electronic identification of local and foreign vehicles by national authorities;
- vehicle manufacturing, in-life maintenance and end-of-life identification (vehicle life cycle management);
- adaptation of vehicle data (e.g. for international resales);
- safety-related purposes;
- crime reduction;
- commercial services.
It adheres to privacy and data protection regulations.
ISO 24534-4:2010 specifies the interfaces for a secure exchange of data between an ERT and an ERI reader or ERI writer in or outside the vehicle using asymmetric encryption techniques.
ISO 24534-4:2010 includes:
- the application layer interface between an ERT and an onboard ERI reader or writer;
- the application layer interface between the onboard ERI equipment and external ERI readers and writers;
- security issues related to the communication with the ERT.
Buy this standard