ISO 11148-7:2012 Preview
Hand-held non-electric power tools -- Safety requirements -- Part 7: Grinders
ISO 11148-7:2012 specifies safety requirements for hand-held non-electric power tools (hereinafter "grinders") intended for grinding and cutting-off with abrasive products, for use on all kinds of materials. The grinders can be powered by compressed air or hydraulic fluid and are intended to be used by one operator and supported by the operator's hand or hands, with or without a suspension, e.g. a balancer.
ISO 11148-7:2012 is applicable togrinders used with:
- abrasive products with a peripheral operating speed less than or equal to 80 m/s;
- cutting-off wheels with a peripheral operating speed less than or equal to100 m/s;
- abrasive products with an outside nominal diameter less than or equal to 230 mm;
- cutting-off wheels with an outside nominal diameter less than or equal to 250 mm;
- wire brushes;
- diamond and reinforced [segmented] wheels with an outside nominal diameter less than or equal to 450 mm;
- flap discs and flap wheels.
ISO 11148-7:2012 does not cover special requirements and modifications of grinders for the purpose of mounting them in fixtures.
It is not applicable to
- die grinders with collets which are treated in ISO 11148-9;
- polishers and sanders [i.e. tools used with coated abrasives except flap discs and flap wheels] which are treated in ISO 11148-8;
- cutting-off machines which are driven by internal combustion engines and are used for cutting construction materials, which are treated in ISO 19432;
- shaft mounted wire brushes which are treated in ISO 11148-9.