This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 8969:2011 specifies test methods for determining the strength and stiffness of joints made with punched metal plate fasteners in load-bearing timber structures, as follows:
- load-slip characteristics and maximum load resulting from the lateral resistance of the embedded projections, at various angles between the direction of the applied force and
- the axis of the plate (load-plate angle, Î±),
- the direction of the grain of the timber (load-grain angle, Î¸);
- the tensile strength of the plate at various angles, Î±;
- the compression strength of the plate at various angles, Î± (optional test);
- the shear strength of the plate at various angles, Î±.
ISO 8969:2011 is linked to ISO 6891, which gives general test requirements.
In addition, a method for testing the nail root in alternate bending is specified in Annex A.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2011-11
Edition : 2Number of pages : 21
Technical Committee:Timber structures
Buy this standard