ISO 22837:2009 Preview
Vehicle probe data for wide area communications
ISO 22837:2009 relates to vehicle probe data for wide are communications. It specifies the following.
- Reference architecture for probe vehicle systems and probe data, which provides a general structure for probe vehicle systems within which a wide range of actual probe vehicle systems can be built whose physical characteristics may differ (e.g., in their choice of communications medium). The reference architecture is used to:
- clarify the major building blocks and logical interconnections of probe vehicle systems for which this standard will be used;
- categorize probe data in accordance with the information model described below.
- Basic data framework for probe data elements and probe data, which defines probe data elements and probe messages, and specifically provides:
- rules for mapping information models (as defined in ISO 14817) of probe data to probe data elements/messages. The information models show the logical structure of entities and concepts involved in probe data;
- the required characteristics of probe data elements and probe data messages;
- the notation for probe data elements/messages (in XML);
- rules for using core data elements and basic data elements (see below), and extensions of data elements in each application domain.
- Core data element definitions, which are basic descriptive elements intended to appear in every probe message, i.e. the location and the time at which the probe data was sensed.
- Initial set of probe data elements, which are commonly used in typical probe data enabled application domains, such as traffic, weather, and safety.
- Example probe messages, which define how probe data elements are combined to convey information to probe processing centres.
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda
Now under review