ISO 26870:2009 establishes requirements for the nomenclature, structure and contents of operational documents used at a launch pad or integration site.
When there is international participation, partnership or cooperation in the design, development, installation, test, activation or operation of a launch pad or integration site, ISO 26870:2009 applies to the development of the operational documents required for the following circumstances:
- installation, testing, activation or operation within the territory of one country of a launch pad or integration site manufactured in another country;
- joint installation, testing, activation or operation when the equipment designed and manufactured in one country is part of the launch pad or integration site designed by another country;
- training of the launch pad or integration site personnel of one country by the experts from another country.
The development and use of the operational documents described in ISO 26870:2009 are applicable to the following international launch pad or integration site operations:
- preparation of integration site equipment to receive space vehicles and spacecraft;
- preparation of launch pad equipment and the space complex for the launch of space vehicles;
- space vehicle launch;
- post-launch maintenance of the integration site and launch pad;
- periodic maintenance of the integration site and launch pad.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2009-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 15
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 14 Space systems and operations