This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2018. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 10524-4:2008 applies to the types of low-pressure regulators listed below and intended to be used with the following medical gases in the treatment, management, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients:
- nitrous oxide;
- medical air;
- carbon dioxide;
- specified mixtures of the gases listed above;
- air for driving surgical tools;
- nitrogen for driving surgical tools;
- oxygen-enriched air.
The types of low-pressure regulators covered by ISO 10524-4:2008 are as follows:
- low-pressure regulators intended to be connected to terminal units of medical gas pipeline systems complying with ISO 7396-1;
- low-pressure regulators with integral flow-metering devices intended to be connected to terminal units of medical gas pipeline systems complying with ISO 7396-1;
- low-pressure regulators intended to be connected to terminal units attached to pressure regulators complying with ISO 10524-1 or ISO 10524-3;
- operator-adjustable low-pressure regulators for air or nitrogen for driving surgical tools that are an integral part of a medical gas pipeline system complying with ISO 7396-1.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2008-06
Edition : 1Number of pages : 30
Technical Committee:Medical gas supply systems
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda