This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2015. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 16734:2006 govern the application of explicit algebraic equation sets to the calculation of specific characteristics of fire plumes.
ISO 16734:2006 is an implementation of the general requirements provided in ISO/TR 13387-3 for the case of fire dynamics calculations involving sets of explicit algebraic equations.
ISO 16734:2006 is arranged in the form of a template, where specific information relevant to algebraic fire plume equations is provided to satisfy the following types of general requirements:
- description of physical phenomena addressed by the calculation method;
- documentation of the calculation procedure and its scientific basis;
- limitations of the calculation method;
- input parameters for the calculation method;
- domain of applicability of the calculation method.
Examples of sets of algebraic equations meeting all the requirements of ISO 16734:2006 are be provided for each different type of fire plume, including those for quasi-steady state, axisymmetric fire plumes.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2006-07
Edition : 1Number of pages : 17
Technical Committee:Fire safety engineering
Buy this standard