ISO 19157:2013 establishes the principles for describing the quality of geographic data. It
- defines components for describing data quality;
- specifies components and content structure of a register for data quality measures;
- describes general procedures for evaluating the quality of geographic data;
- establishes principles for reporting data quality.
ISO 19157:2013 also defines a set of data quality measures for use in evaluating and reporting data quality. It is applicable to data producers providing quality information to describe and assess how well a data set conforms to its product specification and to data users attempting to determine whether or not specific geographic data are of sufficient quality for their particular application.
ISO 19157:2013 does not attempt to define minimum acceptable levels of quality for geographic data.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2013-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 146
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 211 Geographic information/Geomatics
- ICS :
- 35.240.70 IT applications in science
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO 19157:2013/Amd 1:2018
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.