Quality management -- Customer satisfaction -- Guidelines for complaints handling in organizations
This standard has been revised by ISO 10002:2018
ISO 10002:2014 provides guidance on the process of complaints handling related to products within an organization, including planning, design, operation, maintenance, and improvement. The complaints-handling process described is suitable for use as one of the processes of an overall quality management system.
ISO 10002:2014 is not applicable to disputes referred for resolution outside the organization or for employment-related disputes.
It is also intended for use by organizations of all sizes and in all sectors. Annex A provides guidance specifically for small businesses.
ISO 10002:2014 addresses the following aspects of complaints handling:
- enhancing customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organization's ability to improve its product and customer service;
- top management involvement and commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;
- recognizing and addressing the needs and expectations of complainants;
- providing complainants with an open, effective, and easy-to-use complaints process;
- analysing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality;
- auditing of the complaints-handling process;
- reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.