ISO/TS 19880-1:2016 recommends the minimum design characteristics for safety and, where appropriate, for performance of public and non-public fuelling stations that dispense gaseous hydrogen to light duty land vehicles (e.g. Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles).
NOTE These recommendations are in addition to applicable national regulations and codes, which can prohibit certain aspects of this document.
It is applicable to fuelling for light duty hydrogen land vehicles, but it can also be used as guidance for fuelling buses, trams, motorcycles and fork-lift truck applications, with hydrogen storage capacities outside of current published fuelling protocol standards, such as SAE J2601.
Residential applications to fuel land vehicles and non-public demonstration fuelling stations are not included in ISO/TS 19880-1:2016.
It provides guidance on the following elements of a fuelling station:
- hydrogen production/delivery system
- delivery of hydrogen by pipeline, trucked in gaseous and/or liquid hydrogen, or metal hydride storage trailers;
- on-site hydrogen generators using water electrolysis process or hydrogen generators using fuel processing technologies;
- liquid hydrogen storage;
- hydrogen purification systems, as applicable;
- gaseous hydrogen compression;
- pumps and vaporizers;
- gaseous hydrogen buffer storage;
- pre-cooling device;
- gaseous hydrogen dispensers.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2016-07
Edition : 1Number of pages : 121
Technical Committee:Hydrogen technologies
Buy this standard