ISO/IEC 18745-1:2014 provides a set of instructions for prototype evaluation of Machine Readable Passports (MRPs) which may incorporate contactless integrated circuits. Prototype evaluation is an instrument to establish the ability in principle of a specific type of document to fulfil the requirements of use. It supplies a structured approach to evaluate Machine Readable Passports by:
- defining reproducible stress methods to submit the document(s) under evaluation to specific stress or environmental conditions;
- defining reproducible evaluation methods to measure numerical values for specific document properties;
- defining test sequences that specify the order in which stress methods and evaluation methods are to be performed;
- defining test plans to link specific user requirements to test sequences and related parameters.
It specifies the minimum criteria to be achieved in order to meet ICAO's expectations for durability of fully personalized MRPs.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2014-03
Edition: 1Number of pages: 45
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 Cards and security devices for personal identification
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
ISO/IEC 18745-1:2014Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.