This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2018. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/TR 945-3:2016 gives the designations, descriptions and reference micrographs of the matrix structures of cast irons.
It applies to the following types of cast irons:
- grey cast irons (Table 4.1);
- spheroidal graphite cast irons (Table 4.2);
- austenitic cast irons (Table 4.3);
- malleable cast irons (Table 4.4);
- compacted (vermicular) graphite cast irons (Table 4.5);
- ausferritic spheroidal graphite cast irons (Table 4.6);
- abrasion-resistant cast irons (Table 4.7).
Each matrix structure is defined with explanations and micrographs.
Unless otherwise stated in Clause 4, the micrographs shown correspond to samples etched with a solution of 2 % nitric acid in ethanol (Nital).
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2016-05
Edition : 1Number of pages : 42
Technical Committee:Cast irons and pig irons
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda