ISO 18202:2013 (CCSDS 521.0-B-1)
Space data and information transfer systems -- Mission operations message abstraction layer
This standard has been revised by ISO 18202:2015
ISO 18202:2013 defines the Mission Operations (MO) Message Abstraction Layer (MAL) in conformance with the service framework specified in CCSDS 520.0-G-3, Mission Operations Services Concept.
The MO MAL is a framework that provides generic service patterns to the Mission Operation services defined in CCSDS 520.0-G-3. These Mission Operations services are defined in terms of the MAL.
ISO 18202:2013 defines, in an abstract manner, the MAL in terms of:
- the concepts that it builds upon;
- the basic types it provides;
- the message headers required by the layer;
- the relationship between, and the valid sequence of, the messages and resulting behaviours.
It does not specify:
- individual implementations or products;
- the implementation of entities or interfaces within real systems;
- the methods or technologies required for communications.
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda