ISO/TS 14071:2014 Preview
Environmental management -- Life cycle assessment -- Critical review processes and reviewer competencies: Additional requirements and guidelines to ISO 14044:2006
ISO/TS 14071:2014 provides additional specifications to ISO 14040:2006 and ISO 14044:2006. It provides requirements and guidelines for conducting a critical review of any type of LCA study and the competencies required for the review.
ISO/TS 14071:2014 provides:
- details of a critical review process, including clarification with regard to ISO 14044:2006;
- guidelines to deliver the required critical review process, linked to the goal of the life cycle assessment (LCA) and its intended use;
- content and deliverables of the critical review process;
- guidelines to improve the consistency, transparency, efficiency and credibility of the critical review process;
- the required competencies for the reviewer(s) (internal, external and panel member);
- the required competencies to be represented by the panel as a whole.
ISO/TS 14071:2014 does not cover the applications of LCA.