ISO 230-7:2015 Preview
Test code for machine tools -- Part 7: Geometric accuracy of axes of rotation
ISO 230-7:2015 is aimed at standardizing methods of specification and test of the geometric accuracy of axes of rotation used in machine tools. Spindle units, rotary heads, and rotary and swivelling tables of machine tools constitute axes of rotation, all having unintended motions in space as a result of multiple sources of errors.
ISO 230-7:2015 covers the following properties of rotary axes:
- axis of rotation error motion;
- speed-induced axis shifts.
The other important properties of rotary axes, such as thermally induced axis shifts and environmental temperature variation-induced axis shifts, are dealt with in ISO 230‑3.
ISO 230-7:2015 does not cover the following properties of spindles:
- angular positioning accuracy (see ISO 230‑1 and ISO 230‑2);
- run-out of surfaces and components (see ISO 230‑1);
- tool holder interface specifications;
- inertial vibration measurements (see ISO/TR 230‑8);
- noise measurements (see ISO 230‑5);
- rotational speed range and accuracy (see ISO 10791‑6 and ISO 13041‑6);
- balancing measurements or methods (see ISO 1940‑1 and ISO 6103);
- idle run loss (power loss);
- thermal effects (see ISO 230‑3).