ISO/TS 10303-1112:2010-03 specifies the application module for Specification control.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 10303-1112:2010-03:
- product classes used to identify sets of similar products to be offered to the market;
- specifications used to describe characteristics of the products;
- specification categories used to group similar characteristics of the products;
- specification expressions used to control the usage of a part within a product and to represent conditions for product classes;
- product functions used to describe the functional requirements for products and components of products;
- product components used to describe the common decomposition structure of all products of a product class or of various alternative solutions;
- alternative solutions used to describe the variants for a product component or for a product function;
- item instances used to identify an occurrence of a component in an assembly structure;
EXAMPLE 1 An item instance could identify the elements of an alternative solution.
- configurations used to link the parts (item instances), alternative solutions, product components, or product functions with
their usage cases;
EXAMPLE 2 An usage case is the the conditions under which configurations are used.
- product specifications are used to identify a manufacturable product out of a product class by its specific characteristics
EXAMPLE 3 A customer order for a piece of furniture is a product identification.
- items within the scope of application module Alternative solution, ISO/TS 10303-1109;
- items within the scope of application module Part collection, ISO/TS 10303-1115;
- items within the scope of application module Product placement, ISO/TS 10303-1343;
- items within the scope of application module Requirement identification and version, ISO/TS 10303-1140;
- items within the scope of application module Specification based configuration, ISO/TS 10303-1108.
Status : WithdrawnPublication date : 2010-03
Edition : 3
Technical Committee:Industrial data