This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2017. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC TR 13066:2012 provides an overview to the structure and terminology of the IAccessible2 accessibility API.
- a description of the overall architecture and terminology of the API;
- further introductory explanations regarding the content and use of the API beyond those found in Annex A of ISO/IEC 13066-1;
- an overview of the main properties, including:
- of user interface elements,
- of how to get and set focus,
- of communication mechanisms in the API;
- a discussion of design considerations for the API (e.g. pointers to external sources of information on accessibility guidance related to using the API);
- information on extending the API (and where this is appropriate);
- an introduction to the programming interface of the API (including pointers to external sources of information).
It provides this information as an introduction to the IAccessible2 API to assist:
- IT system level developers who create custom controls and/or interface to them;
- AT developers involved in programming "hardware to software" and "software to software" interactions.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2012-09
Edition: 1Number of pages: 22
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35 User interfaces
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
ISO/IEC TR 13066-3:2012
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.