Utility connections in port -- Part 1: High Voltage Shore Connection (HVSC) Systems -- General requirements
This standard has been revised by IEC/IEEE 80005-1:2019
IEC/ISO/IEEE 80005-1:2012(E) describes high voltage shore connection (HVSC) systems, on board the ship and on shore, to supply the ship with electrical power from shore. This standard is applicable to the design, installation and testing of HVSC systems and addresses:
- HV shore distribution systems;
- shore-to-ship connection and interface equipment;
- semiconductor/rotating convertors;
- ship distribution systems; and
- control, monitoring, interlocking and power management systems.
It does not apply to the electrical power supply during docking periods, e.g. dry docking and other out of service maintenance and repair.