This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2020. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 29115:2013 provides a framework for managing entity authentication assurance in a given context. In particular, it:
- specifies four levels of entity authentication assurance;
- specifies criteria and guidelines for achieving each of the four levels of entity authentication assurance;
- provides guidance for mapping other authentication assurance schemes to the four LoAs;
- provides guidance for exchanging the results of authentication that are based on the four LoAs; and
- provides guidance concerning controls that should be used to mitigate authentication threats.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2013-04
Edition : 1Number of pages : 36
Technical Committee:Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection
Buy this standard