ISO/IEC 23004-1:2007 specifies the architecture of the MPEG Multimedia Middleware technology. Multimedia Middleware (M3W) allows application software to execute multimedia functions with a minimum knowledge of the inner workings of the multimedia middleware as well as to support a structured way of updating, upgrading and/or extending the multimedia middleware. The architecture consists of the following.
- M3W API:
- multimedia API (specified in detail in ISO/IEC 23004-2);
- interfaces for audio broadcast decoding, processing and rendering;
- interfaces for video broadcast decoding, processing and rendering;
- IPMP interfaces;
- governance interfaces.
- Support API (specified in detail in ISO/IEC 23004-3 to ISO/IEC 23004-7):
- interfaces for instantiation of services (Runtime Environment and Service Manager);
- interfaces for interaction with remote services (REMI-P and REMI-R, REMI stands for Remote Method Invocator);
- interfaces for Resource Management;
- interfaces for Component Download;
- interfaces for Fault Management;
- interfaces for Integrity Management.
- Realization technology (specified in detail in ISO/IEC 23004-3):
- Unit of Trading;
- Unit of Loading;
- Unit of Instantiation;
- standard interfaces:
- navigation between interfaces,
- access to public attributes.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2007-09
Edition: 1Number of pages: 146
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.40 Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.