ISO 22671:2007 defines the communications link transmission unit (CLTU) service in conformance with the transfer services specified in ISO 15396:1998. The forward CLTU service is a space link extension (SLE) transfer service that enables a mission to send communications link transmission units (CLTUs) to a spacecraft.
ISO 22671:2007 defines, in an abstract manner, the forward CLTU service in terms of
- the operations necessary to provide the transfer service;
- the parameter data associated with each operation;
- the behaviors that result from the invocation of each operation; and
- the relationship between, and the valid sequence of, the operations and resulting behaviors.
It does not specify
- individual implementations or products;
- the implementation of entities or interfaces within real systems;
- the methods or technologies required to radiate data to a spacecraft and to acquire telemetry frames from the signals received from that spacecraft for extraction of the Operational Control Field;
- the methods or technologies required for communications; or
- the management activities necessary to schedule, configure, and control the forward CLTU service.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2007-02
Edition: 2Number of pages: 149
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 13 Space data and information transfer systems
- ICS :
- 49.140 Space systems and operations
ISO 22671:2007Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.