Space data and information transfer systems -- Space link extension (SLE) -- Return operational control fields service
ISO 26143:2007 defines the space link extension (SLE) return operational control fields (ROCF) service in conformance with ISO 15396:1998. The ROCF service is an SLE transfer service that delivers to a mission user all operational control fields from one master channel or one virtual channel.
ISO 26143:2007 defines, in an abstract manner, the ROCF service in terms of
- the operations necessary to provide the service;
- the parameter data associated with each operation;
- the behaviors that result from the invocation of each operation; and
- the relationship between, and the valid sequence of, the operations and resulting behaviors.
ISO 26143:2007 does not specify
- individual implementations or products;
- the implementation of entities or interfaces within real systems;
- the methods or technologies required to acquire telemetry frames from signals received from a spacecraft;
- the methods or technologies required to provide a suitable environment for communications; or
- the management activities required to schedule, configure, and control the ROCF service.