Information and documentation -- Records management processes -- Metadata for records -- Part 2: Conceptual and implementation issues
This standard has been revised by ISO 23081-2:2009
ISO/TS 23081-2:2007 establishes a framework for defining metadata elements consistent with the principles and implementation considerations outlined in ISO 23081-1:2006. The purpose of this framework is to:
- enable standardized description of records and critical contextual entities for records,
- provide common understanding of fixed points of aggregation to enable interoperability of records, and information relevant to records, between organizational systems,
- enable re-use and standardization of metadata for managing records over time, space and applications.
It further identifies some of the critical decision points that need to be addressed and documented to enable implementation of metadata for managing records. It aims to:
- identify the issues that need to be addressed in implementing metadata for managing records,
- identify and explain the various options for addressing the issues, and
- identify various paths for making decisions and choosing options in implementing metadata for managing records.
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda