ISO/TS 10303-1646:2006 specifies the application module for Footprint definition.
ISO/TS 10303-1646:2006 deals with:
- the representation of a footprint, including functional and geometric;
- the representation of a breakout pattern associated with a footprint: also provided is support to reference a part feature that an aspect of a footprint is dependent upon;
- the hierarchical footprint definition providing support for complex arrangements and patterns.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 10303-1646:2006:
- footprints, optionally linking the features of a part with corresponding padstacks;
- geometric models of footprint and breakout patterns;
- layer specific features of footprints.