ISO 9170-1:2008 applies to:
- terminal units intended for use in medical gas pipeline systems in accordance with ISO 7396-1, for use with the following medical gases:
- nitrous oxide;
- medical air;
- carbon dioxide;
- oxygen/nitrous oxide mixture [50 %/50 % (by volume)];
- terminal units intended for use in medical gas pipeline systems in accordance with ISO 7396-1, for use with the following gases and services:
- oxygen-enriched air;
- air for driving surgical tools;
- nitrogen for driving surgical tools;
It is intended especially to ensure the gas-specific assembly of terminal units and to prevent their interchange between different gases and services.
ISO 9170-1:2008 specifies requirements for terminal units for supply and disposal of nitrogen or air for driving surgical tools and requirements for probes intended to be connected to the gas-specific connection point which is part of the terminal unit.
Status : WithdrawnPublication date : 2008-07
Edition : 2Number of pages : 20
Technical Committee:Medical gas supply systems