ISO/TR 22790:2007 provides a common conceptual model of information management related to the process of prescribing or ordering medication. This Technical Report provides a set of optional business requirements that could be selected by the buyer in a procurement process to be responded to by a tendering supplier. This report shall not provide any mandatory requirements but, as an informative document, give a common expression of various possible functions meeting different objectives for the health care system.
ISO/TR 22790:2007 is intended to be used as a guide for a specific organization in formulating and prioritizing a subset of characteristics tailored to national or local needs. The complete list here is thus not intended to be a minimum set of requirements that all systems must comply with. There may also be good reasons to further specify the generic characteristics presented here and to add other characteristics.
This Technical Report contains the following sections:
- introduction to concepts with agreed definitions and recommended terms;
- overview of the relationships between different actors and information flows;
- overview of the functional model taking as its starting point the objectives of the health care system;
- overview of the different information resources needed to achieve the requirements;
- a list of detailed characteristics to select from in a procurement process.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2007-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 19
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 215 Health informatics