This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2019. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC TR 14496-7:2004 specifies the encoding tools that enhance both the execution and quality for the coding of visual objects as defined in ISO/IEC 14496-2. There are five visual tools, including:
- Fast Motion Estimation;
- Fast Global Motion Estimation;
- Fast and Robust Sprite Generation;
- Optimized Reference Software for Simple Profile with Fast Variable Length Decoder Technique; and
- Error Resilience Tools with RVLC.
The platform specific optimization is not currently addressed. The error resilience tools are separately implemented based on the Momusys reference software.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2004-10
Edition: 2Number of pages: 32
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.40 Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information
Buy this standard
|std 1 145|
|std 2 145||PDF on CD|
ISO/IEC TR 14496-7:2002
ISO/IEC TR 14496-7:2004
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.