- specifies a Registration-Hierarchical-name-tree (RH-name-tree), which is a generic tree structure for allocations made by Registration Authorities, and the ASN.1 object identifier tree, which is a specific instance of the RH-name-tree;
- registers the three top-level arcs of the ASN.1 object identifier tree;
- specifies procedures which are generally applicable to registration in the context of an RH-name-tree;
- provides guidelines for the establishment and operation of International Registration Authorities;
- provides guidelines for additional International Standards which reference the procedures in ISO/IEC 9834-1:2005.
ISO/IEC 9834-1:2005 does not exclude or disallow the use of any syntactic forms of names or any naming domains for registration purposes provided that the domains ensure non-ambiguity within their scope. It is intended to cover those cases in which the registration-hierarchical-name is appropriate. Information about registration for specific objects is contained in separate International Standards.
ISO/IEC 9834-1:2005 applies to registration by International Standards, by International Registration Authorities, and by any other Registration Authority.
Status : WithdrawnPublication date : 2005-07
Edition : 2Number of pages : 21
Technical Committee:Telecommunications and information exchange between systems