ISO/IEC TR 15440:2005
Information technology -- Future keyboards and other associated input devices and related entry methods
ISO/IEC TR 15440:2005 is aimed at both the users and manufacturers, and intends to present the user requirements regarding keyboards and associated devices and methods, at time of its publication.
ISO/IEC TR 15440:2005 covers
- the different input requirements catering for national and international practices and support of cultural and linguistic diversity;
- the recognition of requirements regarding comfort of use (for any user, including children, elderly and disabled people), and improved user productivity related to inputting data;
- enhancements of keyboards and related input devices and methods required for new emerging phenomena such as Internet, multimedia, virtual reality;
- virtual input requirements;
- labelling issues (soft [LCD] and hard, permanent and temporary labels), function symbols and icons.