Industrial automation systems and integration -- Product data representation and exchange -- Part 403: Application module: AP203 Configuration controlled 3D design of mechanical parts and assemblies
ISO/TS 10303-403:2005 specifies the application module for AP203 configuration controlled 3D design of mechanical parts and assemblies.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 10303-403:2005:
- products that are mechanical parts and assemblies;
- product definition data and configuration control data pertaining to the design phase of a product's development;
- representation of an instance of a part in an assembly through its usage in a sub-assembly;
- six groups of shape representations of a part that includes advanced boundary representation, faceted boundary representation, manifold surfaces with topology, geometrically bounded surface and wireframe geometry, wireframe with topology, and constructive solid geometry in three-dimensions;
- geometric validation properties to allow the translation of geometric shape representations (advanced boundary representation and faceted boundary representation solids) to be checked for quality;
- geometric presentation of geometric shape representations by the application of colours, layers and groups;
- geometric and dimensional tolerances applied to geometric shape representations;
- textual annotation and notes applied to geometric shape representations.
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda