This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2013. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC TR 24715:2006 is based on ISO/IEC 23360 (Linux Standard Base Core Specification 3.1, which was submitted to ISO/IEC on 2005/10/31 for publication), and ISO/IEC 9945:2003 edition dated 2003/8/15 with ISO/IEC 9945:2003/Cor.1:2004 (published 2004/9/15).
The scope of this Technical Report is to identify areas of conflict between ISO/IEC 23360 (the Linux Standard Base 3.1 specification) and the ISO/IEC 9945 (POSIX) International Standard.
The audience for this Technical Report is the technical workgroups that develop the standards; that is, the Austin Group and the Linux Standard Base workgroup. It is also intended to be of interest to systems engineers, technical managers and procurement officers.
This Technical Report is organized in the following sections:
- Clause 1 provides a list of normative references.
- Clause 2 provides the terms and definitions used in this document.
- Clause 3 provides a list of differences that could be possible conflicts or extensions in the System Interfaces.
- Clause 4 provides a list of differences that could be possible conflicts or extensions in the Shell and Utilities.
- Appendix A provides background information on the POSIX standards and the LSB.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2006-11
Edition : 1Number of pages : 22
Technical Committee:Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda
ISO/IEC TR 24715:2006